Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The World's Smartest Man

Disclaimer: For all you gender conscious people out there, no I have not forgotten my schooling in gendered language. The word "man" refers to everyone, and if you follow the link you will understand why I used that term instead of "person."

What qualifies people as being smart? Do they have to be members of Mensa? Should they be able to beat anybody in a game of Trivial Pursuit? Should they have a college degree?

I say no.

After giving it some thought, I have come up with a list of ten qualities of the world's smartest man. Granted, I'm sure there are many more that I am leaving out, but I think this is a pretty good start.

1. The world's smartest man keeps up with relevant current events and not just celebrity gossip.

2. The world's smartest man doesn't cave to the dominant ideology.

3. The world's smartest man is a good listener.

4. The world's smartest man is open-minded and free from prejudice.

5. The world's smartest man takes time each day to relax.

6. The world's smartest man knows how to forgive.

7. The world's smartest man stays true to himself and doesn't compromise his integrity.

8. The world's smartest man knows how to laugh and isn't afraid to laugh at himself.

9. The world's smartest man pays his bills on time.

10. The world's smartest man takes risks and isn't afraid to dream big.

That's all I've got for now. What have I missed and how smart are you?

-Hessie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

check out the poem "if" by rudyard kipling... you should find it interesting