Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Musical Genius That is Peter Frampton

There were few musical artists as big as Peter Frampton in the 1970's. Frampton's 1976 live album Frampton Comes Alive!, featuring such classics as Baby, I Love Your Way, Do You Feel Like I Do?, and a cover of The Rolling Stones' Jumpin' Jack Flash made him a household name over night and won him the adoration of millions of fans across the world.

Frampton Comes Alive! became the biggest-selling live album of all time and it is widely regarded as Frampton's masterpiece. However, Frampton was unable to achieve the same success on later albums.

Some blame the lack of success on the quality of Frampton's work, while others blame the disco fad of the late 70's and the subsequent hair band fad of the 80's as the reason Frampton lost popularity. However, the reason for Frampton's demise is far more simple than that.

In 1977, Frampton released his eagerly anticipated follow up to Frampton Comes Alive!. What did Frampton title this career defining record??


I'M IN YOU.




yep, you read it correctly.




I'm In You.




Here's proof.




For reasons that should be obvious to you now, I'm In You was a commercial flop, and Frampton's downward spiral into oblivion began soon after. He still released albums though, and a list of these albums can be found below:

1978- I Swear That's Never Happened Before

1981 -I Wish I Was In You Again

1983 - Please, I Promise I'll Be Quick

1986- I'm Going To Put It In You Again Someday

1987- Jerking Off At A Truck Stop Thinking of the Time I Was In You

1990- That Restraining Order Won't Stop Me

1991 - You'll Come Visit Me In Jail Right?

1994 - Ewww....Now Someone Is In Me

So, does anyone still buy Peter Frampton albums, you ask? The answer is yes. Peter Frampton is still huge in flea malls and flea markets across the country, especially those in the wonderful state of Alabama.

No comments: